There's no better exercise than a plank to target muscular endurance throughout your entire core! Yes, these are all plank variations, so remember to keep your back flat and stomach tight. Take breaks when needed, or shorten up the time recommendations!
Warm up with 3-5 minutes of dynamic stretching
Complete each exercise, then repeat from the beginning for a total of 3 rounds.
- Standard Plank (straight-arm or elbow variation); 30 seconds
- Right Side Plank (for an additional challenge, raise and lower your top leg while holding the side plank); 30 seconds
- Left Side Plank (for an additional challenge, raise and lower your top leg while holding the side plank); 30 seconds
- Plank with Leg Lift (in a standard plank form, contract your glutes to raise your right leg off the ground and lower back down); 20 seconds per leg
- Plank Shoulder Tap (in a standard straight-arm form, lift your right hand off the ground and tap your left shoulder, then repeat with the left hand and right shoulder); 30 seconds
- Spider Plank (in a standard plank form, bring your right knee toward your right shoulder, contracting your obliques, then return to starting position and repeat on left side); 30 seconds
Cool down with 3-5 minutes of stretching